ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join Suir Engineering. This position will be based on a Data Centre project in Gavle, Sweden.
Here in Suir Engineering we are a leading international provider of innovative Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering Solutions. Our core sectors are Energy, Power and Renewables, Pharma, Food & Beverage, and Data Centres. We provide best in class contracting solutions with in-house, flexible resources capable of delivering a personable and consistent service to our customers. Over the past 40 years we have delivered projects for Irish and multinational clients across the globe. We are currently expanding significantly, and are delivering large scale projects across Ireland, the U.K, Germany, Denmark and Sweden.
We recognise that continued business success depends on our commitment to and development of our people. We are determined to create a diverse and equal workforce and to ensure our company appeals to the best and brightest people. We wish for all employees to realise their full potential and have the opportunity to grow and develop during their career with Suir. We are also working continuously to promote a culture of positive wellbeing through our wellbeing programmes and supports to employees and their families through our Employee Assistance Programme and the Lighthouse Club.
What you will be doing?
- Management and ownership of the commercial and contractual requirements through the life cycle of the project.
- Responsibility for interface Client Commercial/Contract Team.
- Project Procurement including Sub-contractors.
- Conduct cost and risk analysis.
- Review all incoming correspondence from Employers, Design Team and /or subcontractors, to identify contractually critical items and to initiate replies.
- Manage commercial aspects of subcontractors.
- Provide project costing, margin & cashflow reports.
- Manage project change order procedures and agree costs with client.
- Provide monthly valuations and certs.
- Agree final accounts.
Is this the job for me?
Suitable Candidates must have a 3rd level qualification in Construction Economics / Quantity Surveying and 5+ years’ experience working as a Quantity Surveyor
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Previous experience working in the electrical/mechanical field
- Ability to prioritize workload according to deadlines together with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to influence colleagues at all levels.
- Enjoy working as part of a high performing team.
In return from Suir Engineering:
- 25 days annual leave
- Accommodation provided
- 3/1 Rotation
- Flights home
- Hired Car
- Country induction and tax services
- Employee Wellbeing and Employee Assistance Programme
- Educational Assistance and upskilling opportunities
- Opportunities for international assignments to work on one of our other European projects
Our way of working is called the Suir Way, designed to help us on a journey of continuous improvement.
- Our people are empowered to make changes to ensure a quality install through effective ways of working.
- Our people have a voice and feel empowered.
- We have an in-built culture of innovation, learning and continuous improvement.
- Value is delivered every step of the journey. Our efficient processes deliver value.
- We have a standard, consistent and fully integrated health, safety, environment, and quality system within the business.
Suir Engineering are an equal opportunities employer, we value our greatest asset …. our People.