ABOUT THE ROLE
Ethos is a Greek word meaning "character." It is used to describe the guiding beliefs or ideals that characterise a community, nation, or ideology.
Ethos Engineering are mechanical and electrical consultants to the commercial, data centre, food and beverage, and light industrial sectors.
Our mission is to engineer systems that complement the purpose of each building we design, improve the immediate and surrounding community, and meet the objectives of its operations, inhabitants, patrons, operators, and staff.
We are ambitious, driven, innovative, and passionate about delivering excellence for our clients and their projects, and we never settle for delivering work quickly at the cost of quality. Our work environment is positive, professional, and supportive. We take our work seriously, but we like to have a lot of fun too and we place huge importance on having a great company culture. We have been recognised as a Great Place to Work 2020 and 2021 as well as Best Organisation to Work For 2022.
About Ethos - Data Centre
The Ethos Engineering Data Centre Team is growing since our successful expansion across Europe. We work with some of the largest blue chip technical clients in the world in this sector. Our success can be measured by the quantity of repeat business we secure with our client base across Ireland and Europe. Our highly technical team are trained to work on these prestigious projects facilitating their professional and personal growth. Innovation, quality, and speed of delivery are key to our success. Our team thrive on challenging technical projects with continuous peer to peer engineering reviews both internally and externally. Our people are ambitious, work on their own initiative and want to work for the best and with the best engineers in this industry.
Location: Dublin (office based) - Currently Work from Home during Covid Lockdown
Group: Data Centre
Salary: € Negotiable
Minimum Qualifications: Honours Degree – Chartered an advantage but not essential
Essential Experience: 7+ years with Data Centre, Industrial or High Tech
Sectors: Data Centre
Job Description: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer / Full-Time Permanent
About the Role – Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
The Senior Mechanical Project Engineer will lead Data Centre projects in EMEA. Our lead engineers are client facing and manage a project delivery from conception all the way through to completion / client handover. The candidate must be technically proficient in their Mechanical expertise field and have a wider level knowledge base of other disciplines such as Electrical, BMS/EPMS, Security and CSA. The candidate must be able to work on their own initiative. As the role is client and design team principal facing, the candidate must have excellent communication skills both verbal (English language) and written. The candidate must be well organised and be competent in project design planning to meet our client’s deliverable expectations. The candidate will manage a team of support engineers, BIM technicians and administrators to meet their objectives. It is expected that the lead engineer mentor support engineers for their professional development. Quality is core to our principals; the lead engineer will ensure that all deliverables align with our quality assurance systems prior to client issue.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and organisational skills
• Be capable of taking the lead on projects with minimal input from management team
• Experience leading & coordinate engineering team to successful delivery of the project
• Liaise with clients, architects and project managers
• Drive for continuous innovation and adoption of emerging technologies
• Champion of the Ethos Electrical design process and engineering techniques.
• Lead Mechanical Services design on projects from concept stage to completion
• Specification and design of Mechanical Building Services systems
• Continuous Design & Installation Quality Checks and Control
• Provide fully detailed tender packages / Tender report / analysis / recommendations
• Develop project scope with design team / client
• Uphold the Mechanical design standards within the organisation • Mentoring of engineering staff
• Deep understanding of CIBSE, ASHRAE, BS, IS and EN Standards.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of Software
• Working knowledge of Bluebeam, AutoCad and REVIT
• Any other engineering analysis software is an advantage.
• Flexible working times
• 20 Days holidays up to 25 days
• Pension Scheme
• Your own company laptop • Working travel out of pocket expenses
• Travel tax scheme or bike to work scheme
• Regular training / mentoring / further college support
• Support for Chartership
• A Professional Subscription Fee paid by the company
• Heavily subsidised social committee (5 a side, golf society, climbing club and regular social events)
At Ethos, our vision is to: “Be the company people want to work with, and for” Values Our values differentiate and focus us every day to be EPIC - for our people and our customers.
Recruitment Agencies: Please do not reply to this job advert. Should Ethos require assistance with this posting you will be contacted by our Talent Acquisition Team.