ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to join the Engineering Partner of choice Suir Engineering. Suir Engineering has offices in Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, UK and Germany. We deliver leading edge next generation solutions to clients by designing, building, and installing Data Centres, Pharma and Medical Device plants and Renewable Energy Systems.
Overall Role Objective
The Senior Electrical Estimator is responsible for the preparation, submission and management of electrical tenders allocated. The main objective of this role is to achieve accurate net costs in accordance with the client’s specification and our subcontract documents.
What will you be doing?
· Accurately quantify material, plant and labour requirements for allocated electrical/mechanical projects.
· Ensure that for pre-designed projects enquiries relative to the supply of materials, plant and labour are satisfactorily dealt with and that relevant information, contractual and trading particulars are distributed.
· Undertake the assessment of tender bids from relevant subcontractors and specialists.
· Prepare project risk register at tender stage.
· Prepare estimates utilising computer aided systems including input of data, ensuring the Estimating Manual procedures are adhered to throughout.
· Ensure all tender documents are received as shown on document register.
· Produce summary sheet and associated documentation and presentation of package for tender adjudication to meet deadlines.
· Prepare client tender documentation on completion of tender, including production of correspondence on exclusions/variations/extension to tender dates.
· Attend and contribute at pre-contract meetings and post-tender interviews.
· In preparation of tenders, attend site surveys and liaise with suppliers and subcontractors to tender submission status.
· Negotiate prices with suppliers and subcontractors.
· Work safely in accordance with the company’s current health and safety policy and procedures.
· Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by your Manager, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Is this job for me?
· Minimum of three years’ experience in an Estimator role or relevant trade qualification and background.
· The ability to read, interpret and understand specifications and drawings.
· Experience of computerised estimating software.
· Confidentiality is essential.
· The ability to think ahead, plan and prioritise workload.
· The ability to work with the minimum of supervision.
· Numeracy and literacy skills.
· The ability to work as part of a team.
· The ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
· Good communication skills.
· A proactive approach to problem solving.
· PC Skills: Computer literacy including MS Office.
In return from Suir ….
Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Employer Pension contribution
Contribution to Private Healthcare
23 days annual leave
Employee Wellbeing and Employee Assistance Programme
Educational Assistance and CPD
Opportunity to become part of great team and work on large scale projects