ABOUT THE ROLE
Minimum Qualifications: Honours Degree – Chartered an advantage but not essential
Essential Experience: 7+ years with Data Centre, Industrial or High Tech
Sectors: Data Centre Job Description: Senior Electrical Design Engineer / Full-Time Permanent
About the Role – Senior Electrical Design Engineer
The Senior Electrical Engineer will lead Data Centre projects in EMEA. Our lead engineers are client facing and manage a project delivery from conception all the way through to completion / client handover. The candidate must be technically proficient in their Electrical expertise field and have a wider level knowledge base of other disciplines such as Electrical, BMS/EPMS, Security and CSA. The candidate must be able to work on their own initiative. As the role is client and design team principal facing, the candidate must have excellent communication skills both verbal (English language) and written. The candidate must be well organised and be competent in project design planning to meet our client’s deliverable expectations. The candidate will manage a team of support engineers, BIM technicians and administrators to meet their objectives. It is expected that the lead engineer mentor support engineers for their professional development. Quality is core to our principals; the lead engineer will ensure that all deliverables align with our quality assurance systems prior to client issue.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and organisational skills
• Be capable of taking the lead on projects with minimal input from management team
• Experience leading & coordinate engineering team to successful deliver project
• Liaise with clients, architects and project managers
• Drive for continuous innovation and adoption of emerging technologies
• Champion of the Ethos Electrical design process and engineering techniques.
• Lead Electrical Services design on projects from concept stage to completion
• Specification and design of Electrical Building Services systems
• Continuous Design & Installation Quality Checks and Control
• Provide fully detailed tender packages / Tender report / analysis / recommendations
• Develop project scope with design team / client
• Uphold the Electrical design standards within the organisation
• Mentoring of engineering staff
• Deep understanding of CIBSE, BS, IS and EN Standards.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of Software
• Working knowledge of Bluebeam, AutoCad and REVIT
• Any other engineering analysis software is an advantage.
• Flexible working times
• 20 Days holidays up to 25 days
• Pension Scheme
• Your own company laptop • Working travel out of pocket expenses
• Travel tax scheme or bike to work scheme
• Regular training / mentoring / further college support
• Support for Chartership
• A Professional Subscription Fee paid by the company
• Heavily subsidised social committee (5 a side, golf society, climbing club and regular social events)