ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior EHS Advisor to join Suir Engineering. This position will be based on a Data Centre project in Frankfurt Germany.
Here in Suir Engineering we are a leading international provider of innovative Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering Solutions. Our core sectors are Energy, Power and Renewables, Pharma, Food & Beverage, and Data Centres. We provide best in class contracting solutions with in-house, flexible resources capable of delivering a personable and consistent service to our customers. Over the past 40 years we have delivered projects for Irish and multinational clients across the globe. We are currently expanding significantly, and are delivering large scale projects across Ireland, the U.K, Germany, Denmark and Sweden.
We recognise that continued business success depends on our commitment to and development of our people. We are determined to create a diverse and equal workforce and to ensure our company appeals to the best and brightest people. We wish for all employees to realise their full potential and have the opportunity to grow and develop during their career with Suir. We are also working continuously to promote a culture of positive wellbeing through our wellbeing programmes and supports to employees and their families through our Employee Assistance Programme and the Lighthouse Club.
What you will be doing?
- Assist the EHS Manager in achieving Suir’s Critical Success Factor 1. ‘To ensure we are fully compliant in all Health, Safety & Workplace Legislation’
- Work effectively with the Project Manager and Construction Team with the implementation of the Integrated Management System
- Ensure the site is adequately set up with a Site-Specific Construction EHS Plan.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in all of Suir’s Hight Risk
- Activities (HRA’s) and ensure that they are identified and effectively controlled on site.
- Assist with the development of Risk Assessment & Method Statements (RAMs)
- Assist with the development of SOP’s and provide training and communication to site personnel.
- Become familiar with and promote the ‘Suir Way’ and its interfaces with Health & Safety.
Is this the job for me?
- Relevant Health and Safety Diploma / Degree.
- 5+ years’ experience in Environmental Health and Safety role.
- Experience in construction would be an advantage.
- People management experience.
- Team player and able to build and maintain relationships both internal and external clients.
- Flexible to change and open to constructive feedback.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
In return from Suir Engineering:
- 23 Days annual leave
- Accommodation provided
- Flights home
- Hired Car
- Country induction and tax services
- Employee Wellbeing and Employee Assistance Programme
- Educational Assistance and upskilling opportunities
- Opportunities for international assignments to work on one of our other European projects
Our way of working is called the Suir Way, designed to help us on a journey of continuous improvement.
- Our people are empowered to make changes to ensure a quality install through effective ways of working.
- Our people have a voice and feel empowered.
- We have an in-built culture of innovation, learning and continuous improvement.
- Value is delivered every step of the journey. Our efficient processes deliver value.
- We have a standard, consistent and fully integrated health, safety, environment, and quality system within the business.
Suir Engineering are an equal opportunities employer, we value our greatest asset …. our People.