ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Director to join Suir Engineering. This position will be based across Data Centre projects in Katrineholm / Eskilstuna and Vasteras in Sweden.
Here in Suir Engineering we are a leading international provider of innovative Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering Solutions. Our core sectors are Energy, Power and Renewables, Pharma, Food & Beverage, and Data Centres. We provide best in class contracting solutions with in-house, flexible resources capable of delivering a personable and consistent service to our customers. Over the past 40 years we have delivered projects for Irish and multinational clients across the globe. We are currently expanding significantly, and are delivering large scale projects across Ireland, the U.K, Germany, Denmark and Sweden.
We recognise that continued business success depends on our commitment to and development of our people. We are determined to create a diverse and equal workforce and to ensure our company appeals to the best and brightest people. We wish for all employees to realise their full potential and have the opportunity to grow and develop during their career with Suir. We are also working continuously to promote a culture of positive wellbeing through our wellbeing programmes and supports to employees and their families through our Employee Assistance Programme and the Lighthouse Club.
What you will be doing
- To ensure the effective delivery of a number of projects and in so doing meet the Company’s objectives in relation to service, profitability and development of relationships.
- The Project Director has overall responsibility for the project teams including Engineering, Commercial Teams and sub-contractors.
- Maintaining excellent working relationships with Client form project start to handover; acting as ambassador with Clients and all other stakeholders.
- ·Liaise with Operations Director in staffing of project and agree on a recruitment plan for staff and operatives particular to your staff.
Is this the job for me?
- Electrical Trade qualification through Apprenticeship or Engineering qualification.
- Proven experience in managing a project from scoping out project(s)' requirements and resources in line with strategic company objectives to the completion and delivery of the project.
- Proven experience in managing, coordinating, and developing staff.
- Experience in supporting a continuous improvement culture amongst the project team.
- Experience in Pharmaceutical projects desirable
- Awareness of BIM technologies where relevant.
- Awareness of Engineering processes and best practice.
In return from Suir Engineering:
- 25 Days Annual Leave
- Accommodation provided
- Hired Car
- Country induction and tax services
- Employee Wellbeing and Employee Assistance Programme
- Educational Assistance and upskilling opportunities
- Opportunities for international assignments to work on one of our other European projects
Our way of working is called the Suir Way, designed to help us on a journey of continuous improvement.
- Our people are empowered to make changes to ensure a quality install through effective ways of working.
- Our people have a voice and feel empowered.
- We have an in-built culture of innovation, learning and continuous improvement.
- Value is delivered every step of the journey. Our efficient processes deliver value.
- We have a standard, consistent and fully integrated health, safety, environment, and quality system within the business.
Suir Engineering are an equal opportunities employer, we value our greatest asset …. our People.