ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced technical manager to define the technical standards and drive operational excellence across the Dublin Campus. They will manage the on-site operational team who will collectively be responsible for all technical operations, maintenance, repairs, break fix, processes, escalations, training, and compliance across the Campus.
This position requires the individual to have a strong technical foundation in Data Centre or similar critical facility operations. They will provide leadership, management, and help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels of data centre operations.
The successful candidate will be a central figure in the CBRE management team on Campus, they will play a pivotal role in driving improvements in process performance and technical standards across the Campus.
• Develop, and manage all technicians operating across the campus.
• Define the roadmap and long-term strategy in terms of technical direction and standards for the CBRE team on campus.
• Mentor and grow the technical standard and competence of the technicians, ensuring knowledge share, engineering best practice is exercised and consistent across the campus.
• Have full responsibility for all technical operational standards, escalations, training, and compliance across the campus.
• Oversee the development & implementation all procedures, critical documentation and operating policies.
• Partner with all teams across the campus, such as the FM, Security, Planning etc.. to plan and execute against a broad array of business, strategic and Operational needs.
• Owns the full RCA process and delivers final report to CBRE leadership and client.
• From all incidents, investigations, or RCA’s - produce learnings from experience documents to be shared internally on Campus as well as across the wider DCS
• Create and maintain a culture of continuous improvement throughout the team, identify and implement design improvements alongside the clients site team and CBRE technical director.
• Become a Reliability leader for CBRE and provide Input into main scope or works &/or global PM standards for critical maintenance,
• Sets and owns the technical standard & CE processes for the Campus, aligning critical operation to clients & CBRE requirements.
• Aligns to CBRE Technical director on requirements for the CBRE contract/campus to be compliant.
• Review, provide input and oversee all technical training requirements rolled out by the wider CBRE.
• Become the Senior Authorised Person for CBRE on site and own and manage the Authorised Certification process ensuring alignment with local legislation.
• To deliver a performance level which achieves and beats the KPI’s and SLA’s set down in the statement of works from client.
• Be the main point of contact during significant events or multi-discipline technical escalations occurring on site 24/7.
• Ensure Data Centre operations, business policies and processes are effectively communicated, implemented, and always adhered to by all CBRE staff within the contract.
• Development and management of all operational procedures and Drills within the Data Centre.
• Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to by vendors and CBRE staff working within the Campus domain.
• Ensure the provision of healthy and safe working conditions and that both clients and company health and safety policy and process is effectively implemented across both CBRE and subcontractor’s activities and are regularly reviewed.
• Responsible for providing the critical data required for all reports and meetings for the campus these include Monthly CBRE Contract reviews, Monthly & Quarterly business reviews and any other reports as required.
• Audit the technician’s team’s efficiency and performance, develop efficiencies and innovations that benefit the client and CBRE.
• Talent manage all technicians to ensure appropriate training plans, performance reviews and career progression is identified.
• Motivate and develop a successful team by setting achievable targets, promoting accountability, and sharing of information, provide constructive feedback, encourage new ideas and aligning priorities within the critical domain.
• Provide a learning environment, and appropriate training and development planning. Ensure basic training needs are delivered, employees are fully competent to undertake their roles, and can reach their full future potential.
• Monitor and track performance level of the technicians against KPI’s and SLA’s set down in the statement of works. Provide full breakdown on any breaches of SLA/KPI to the account manager.
• Ensure both the clients and CBRE’s, Quality, Health, Safety and Environment policies and processes are effectively implemented across both CBRE and subcontractors’ activities.
• Ensure appropriate control systems are in place to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met.
• Promote and maintain the core Values of CBRE.
• Manage other tasks as directed by your senior management team, • Provide technical support to the wider CBRE as and when required.
• Assess critical operational performance frequently, highlighting areas of under performance, and recognize and promote excellent performance across the CBRE team.
• Reporting directly to the Account Director
• Accountability to the CBRE functional heads, as appropriate.
• Maintains close working relationships with key client representatives.
• Work as part of a wider Campus management team supporting operations as a ‘One Team’ approach.
Qualifications & Specification
• 6+ years of work experience in Critical Operations
• 4+ years management experience at Facility/Technical Manager or Contract Manager within a critical environment.
• Experience working with cross-functional teams to develop systems, solutions, and products. Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience
• Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems
• Technical knowledge and/or experience of the electrical and mechanical infrastructure used in a data centre environment.
• Strong understanding of CMMS Computerised Maintenance Management Systems and tools.
• Experience of managing escalation and emergency issues.
• Prior operations management experience including team management, work scheduling, and performance reviews.
• Willingness to work outside of normal hours to resolve technical issues in a 24/7 industry
Aptitudes Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to communicate intelligently and
effectively with the client, employees and subcontractors.
Numerate and computer literate. Intermediate to advanced
software skills – MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Visio
and Microsoft Project.
Character Excellent motivational and influencing skills, with high levels of personal integrity.
Has vision, and able to communicate this effectively. A role
model for customer service excellence and politically astute.
Ability to communicate technical and business problems in a
Calm manner, able to work under pressure.
Able to make sound decisions when needed.
Able to contribute effectively across all business activities.
Must have a high level of energy, be self- starters, confident
and stable in manner.
Organised, able to effectively prioritise and deliver within a
dynamic and high pressure, business critical environments.
Demeanour to manage customer expectations/escalations and
shepherd customer concerns in high-pressure scenarios
Circumstances May be required to travel on occasions to support operational delivery and participate in training and CBRE/Client business reviews.
Must be willing to be flexible in their working patterns as
needed to support requirements dictated by the rhythm of the